‘Zero Tolerance’ policy against drugs, militancy: IGP
DHAKA : Inspector General of Police (IGP) AKM Shahidul Hoque today said the law enforcement agencies have taken “Zero Tolerance” policy against drugs and militancy.
“We have taken militancy and drug abuse as big challenges for bringing those under control,” he said this at a seminar titled ‘Our role in eradicating drug abuse’ organized by Jamuna Bank Foundation at Institute of Diploma Engineers auditorium at Kakrail here.
Chaired by Jamuna Bank Foundation Chairman Alhaj Noor Mohammad, Jamuna Bank Limited Chairman Ismail Hossain Sirajee was present as the special guest.
Describing the statistics of drug recovery, the IGP said, in 2016, police, RAB, Department of Narcotics Control and BGB and other organizations filed 62,268 cases under the Narcotics Act.
Out of the cases, police alone field 55,887 cases and arrested 78,214 people, Shahidul Hoque said.
As part of the proactive policing, the community police have been carrying out various activities including public awareness on drug abuse in the society side by side reactive policing, he said.
“Community policing activities are continuing across the country against drugs. Stern action will be taken against policemen if found involved in dealing with drug-trader,” IGP said.
Managing Director and CEO of Jamuna Bank Limited Shafiqul Alam, Director Kanutosh Majumder officials and employees of the bank were present in the seminar.
Regarding militancy, the IGP said the police are in a strict position against militancy, adding, “We have destroyed their existence but could not root out them.”
He said that only police cannot eliminate militancy and drugs from society it needs participation of every person of the society to prevent militants and their activities.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem