Young man chained for 10 years
Majnu, a 21-year-old mentally challenged youth has been kept chained for last 10 years.
The ill-fated Majnu, son of Sultan Sheikh, is the third among six siblings. His mental illness started at the age of one following a minor head injury and since then he had been gradually losing his mental balance, reports UNB.
Two neighbours Jahurul Islam and Abdul Kuddus said that Majnu’s day labourer father does not afford to provide him advanced treatment. So, they have given him spiritual therapy from local ‘Kabiraj’. But, his mental health could not be improved.
The mentally challenged youth has been suffering much for the last 10 years as he is kept tied all the time with an iron chain at a small hut, they said, adding that he passes his days alone as nobody feels comfort to visit him.
His family tied him up with the pole fearing that he might go missing or harm others, they continued.
‘We cannot proper treatment to our son for want of money. We can hardly manage our food with our small income. Even, we cannot afford to buy proper clothes for Majnu,’ said Mamota Begum, Majnu’s mother, during this correspondent’s recent visit to their house at Shoratoil village in Enayetpur of Sirajganj district.
If Majnu is left untied, he might go missing or harm others and locals might hit him finding him alone, she said.
‘In such a situation, we have to chain him round the clock at home.’
Mamota made urge to the affluent people of the society to come forward with their extended helping hands for her son’s treatment so that he get back to his normal life.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem