Women’s achievements visible in Bangladesh, Shirin tells Nepal meet
DHAKA : Jatiya Sangsad Speaker Dr. Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury has said the achievements of women in Bangladesh are now visible in all sectors.
“Not only in political arena, their (women’s) achievements are visible in every sector,” she said at a panel discussion at Regional Gender Policy Dialog on Women and Economic Empowerment in Kathmandu, Nepal on Thursday.
Evidence for Policy Design (EPOD) organized the programme, said an official release here today.
The speaker said women have to move forward overcoming all sorts of social obstacles through their talent and hard work for establishing their rights in every sphere of society.
“Women have to be empowered in society through self-confidence and hard work,” she added.
Dr Chaudhury, also chairperson of Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA), said the benefits of women empowerment would be enjoyed not only by women but also by men.
She urged all to give more facilities to women so that they can prove their skills.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem