Woman, son killed in Panchagarh road crash
Panchagarh : A woman and her one and a half-year-old child were killed in a road accident as a speedy truck hit a motorcycle carrying them on the Panchagarh-Tetulia Highway in Dashmile area at Sadar upazila of Parchagarh on Monday night.
The deceased is Jayanti Rani, in her twenties, wife of Sitendranath Barman, and her son Narayan.
Sitendranath, a social worker of Palli Daridra Bimochon Foundation, was also injured in the accident. He is a resident of the village of Puthimara of Benghari Bongram union of Boda upazila in the district.
The Panchagarh police Officer-in-charge (OC) Mohammad Mominul Islam said Sitendranath, along with his wife and son, were travelling to their village home, when a speedy truck hit their motorcycle near Doshmile area of Satmera union of Sadar upazila, leaving Jayanti and Narayan dead on the spot and Siutendranath injured.
The truck driver fled from the spot with the truck immediately after the accident.
The local people recovered Sitendranath and took him to Panchagarh Modern Sadar Hospital. Later, police and fire fighters went to the spot and recovered the bodies.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem