Why no bail to Tangail-3 Lawmaker Rana: HC
Dhaka : The High Court on Wednesday issued a rule asking the government to explain why Amanur Rahman Khan Rana, Awami League (AL) lawmaker from Tangail-3, should not be granted bail in the freedom fighter Faruk Ahmed murder case.
A two-member HC bench comprising Justice Sheikh Abdul Awal and Justice Md Khasrajjaman passed the order.
Lawmaker Rana is a charge-sheeted accused in the Faruk murder case.
Earlier on 16 January, the bench fixed on Wednesday to pass its order on the bail petition filed by Rana’s lawyer.
Advocate Abdul Baset Majumder stood for Rana while attorney general Mahbubey Alam represented the state.
When Rana appeared before Tangail Additional District and Sessions Judge’s court ending his 22-month fugitive run on 18 September last, the court sent him to jail.
Faruk Ahmed, a senior AL leader and a freedom fighter, was shot dead in the district town on 18 January, 2013.
In February 2016, detectives pressed charges against 14 people, including Amanur Rahman Rana and his three brothers, in the Faruk murder case.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem