Wall built by MP around AL leader’s house dismantled
Khulna: The local administration on Sunday dismantled a boundary wall constructed by the local MP around the house of an Awami League leader blocking their movement in Paikgachha upazila, ending their one-year confinement.
Witnesses said Paikgachha UNO and executive magistrate Fakhrul Hasan along with a team of police went to the house of Abdul Aziz, general secretary of ward-4 Awami League in Paikgachha municipality, and examined his land documents as per the order of the higher authorities.
Later, he ordered the demolition of the boundary wall.
Workers who the UNO took with him first pulled down the boundary wall on two sides to clear walkway for the family.
Abdul Aziz said Manirul Islam, son of local MP Sheikh Nurul Haque, registered 50 decimals of land near his house on January 20 last year. Later, he constructed 10-15 feet high wall surrounding the house, blocking their movement.
Virtually confined, the family had to use ladder to cross the boundary while holes were made beneath the wall for elders and children.
Aziz said although he lodged complaints several times, the local administration did not pay any heed to this.
The matter came to light after some newspapers published reports on it recently.
Contacted, Maruf Ahmed, officer-in-charge of Paikgachha Police Station, said the boundary wall was dismantled as per the order of higher authorities.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby