Village police can play vital role against militancy, drug
KHULNA : Shipping Minister M Shajahan Khan today said village police can play a vital role in the combat against militancy, terrorism, drug abuse and early marriage to make Bangladesh a developed country.
“Bangladesh will be one of 30 top economically developed countries by 2041 under the leadership of the Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina,” he said addressing as chief guest the Khulna divisional rally of Village Police Workers Union at Shaheed Hadis Park in the city.
The rally was held to press home the demand for inclusion of village police in the national pay scale like class four government employee.
Presided over by Village Police Workers Union Central President Babu Varendranath Biswas, the rally was addressed, among others, by Central Adviser Gazi M M Amzad Hossain Milon, Chairman of Khulna Zila Parisad Sheikh Harun-ur-Rashid, Ex-Police Super Mahbubur Rahman, Khulna Deputy Commissioner Nazmul Ahsan, Acting Police Super S M Shafiullah, General secretary of Bangladesh Samajtantrik Sramik Front Rajekuzzaman Ratan and Village Police Workers Union General Secretary Mostofa Kamal.
Shajahan Khan said, BNP-Jamaat-led 20-party alliance killed hundreds of people, including freedom fighters, police, bus and truck drivers and helpers, garment workers and common people during their countrywide mayhem and arson in the name of hartal and indefinite blockade programmes from 2013 to 2015.
The victims and common people have resisted and defeated the evil forces (BNP-Jamaat) and restored stability in the country under the leadership of the Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
“The conspiracy of the anti-liberation forces is still on, but they cannot confuse the people.
They are still hatching conspiracies against democracy and development of Bangladesh,” he said adding that the conspiracies have failed to confuse the people.
Referring to the recent transport strike, the minister said the transport workers called off their strike at his request as people’s sufferings had mounted.
“I always look after interests of country’s workers alongside welfare of the common people,” he added.
Later, the shipping minister attended the 13th meeting of Mongla Port Advisory Committee.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem