Verdict on minor Jihad’s death 26 February
Dhaka: A Dhaka court on 26 February will announce the verdict over the death of minor boy Jihad.
Jihad, a 3-year-old child, died after falling into an abandoned deep tube-well in Shahjahanpur area of Dhaka on 26 December 2014.
Juge Akhteruzzaman of Dhaka Special Judge Court-5 fixed the date on Wednesday after completing a rebuttal session.
The six accused in the case are — Shafiqul Islam alias Abdus Salam, contractor of M/S SR House, Jahangir Alam, senior sub assistant engineer (inspector of tube-well division) of Bangladesh Railway (BR), its assistant engineers Nasir Uddin, Zafor Ahmmed Shakir, Dipak Kumar Bhowmik and Saiful Islam.
Earlier on 7 April 2016, police submitted the charge-sheet over Jihad’s death.
On 27 December 2014, Jihad died inside a 600-foot abandoned shaft of a water pump at Shahjahanpur Railway Colony.
On 28 December, his body was pulled out from the shaft 23 hours after he had slipped into it.
Later, Jihad’s father, Nasir Fakir, filed a case against Abdus Salam and Jahangir Alam on charges of negligence of duty.
On 8 March 2016, a Dhaka court sent Abdus Salam to jail in the case rejecting his bail petition.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby