Two councillors’ conflict behind seven-murder: Court
Narayanganj : A Narayanganj court on Sunday in an observation said the conflict between two city councillors — slain Nazrul Islam and Nur Hossain — over establishing control over the area, was the reason behind the seven murders here.
Public prosecutor advocate Wajed Ali Khokon came up with the court’s observation at a press briefing after the release of the full text of the verdict.
Earlier in the day, the death reference copy, the full text of the verdict and other documents were sent to the High Court with special security arrangements.
District and Session’s Judge of Sayed Enayet Hossain sent the documents to the High Court.
Attorney General Mahbubey Alam said a paper book will be made in this case and a hearing will be arranged as early as possible.
According to the court observation, slain Nazrul Islam was the target of Nur Hossain and “both were criminals”. The six people who lost their lives with Nazrul were the victims of their enmity.
The court also said, “RAB is a disciplined law enforcement agency and played a glorious role in combating militants, criminals and drugs. Although some ambitious members of the elite force had involvement in the seven murders but it could not tarnish Rab’s image.”
“The elite force will have to be careful about recruiting its members in the future,” it added.
Meanwhile, the condemned convicts filed an appeal with the court for getting the certified copies of the cases.
On January 16, a Narayanganj court sentenced 26 people, including ex-city councillor Nur Hossain, to death and nine others to different jail terms in the two cases filed over the grisly seven-murder incident.
On April 27, 2014, Narayanganj panel mayor Nazrul Islam, his three associates and driver were abducted from Fatullah area. At the same time, senior lawyer at the District Judge’s Court Chandan Kumar Sarkar and his driver were also abducted on their way to the capital.
Three days after their abduction, the bodies of six men, including those of Nazrul and Chandan, were recovered from the Shitalakhya River. The following day, the body of Nazrul’s car driver Jahangir was recovered from the river.
Later, Selina Islam Beauty, the widow of Nazrul Islam, filed a case against six people while adv Chandan Sarkar’s son-in-law filed another case in connection with the murders.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby