Trial against Odhikar bosses to continue
DHAKA : The High Court today dismissed an appeal by rights group Odhikar’s director ASM Nasiruddin Elan and secretary Adilur Rahman Khan against the charge framing order against them in a case lodged under information, communication and technology act.
“A High Court division bench comprising Justice M Enayetur Rahim and Justice Shahidul Karim passed the order after holding hearing on the plea,” a court official said.
A Dhaka court on January 8, 2014 framed charges in the case against the duo for distorting facts about the law enforcing agencies drive over the Hefajat mayhem in capital’s Motijheel area on May 5, 2013.
The controversial rights group while making a report over the drive resorted to blatant lies and incorporated Photoshop images from around the world. The report even showed people still alive and doing well, as dead.
More News »
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?
- How to master the first date
- Madonna applies to adopt 2 kids
- Hollywood set for Oscars picks with no big surprises
- ‘Nayok Raj’ Razzak turns 76
- Skincare routine for grooms
- 5 Upcoming Bollywood Movies
- Sushmita Sen will judge the 65th Miss Universe pageant
- Watch! Shahid-Kangana's steamy romance in 'Yeh Ishq Hai'
- See the Hottest celebrity bikini bodies (Photo Gallery)
- Lock your lips in these many ways