Trial against Odhikar bosses to continue
DHAKA : The High Court today dismissed an appeal by rights group Odhikar’s director ASM Nasiruddin Elan and secretary Adilur Rahman Khan against the charge framing order against them in a case lodged under information, communication and technology act.
“A High Court division bench comprising Justice M Enayetur Rahim and Justice Shahidul Karim passed the order after holding hearing on the plea,” a court official said.
A Dhaka court on January 8, 2014 framed charges in the case against the duo for distorting facts about the law enforcing agencies drive over the Hefajat mayhem in capital’s Motijheel area on May 5, 2013.
The controversial rights group while making a report over the drive resorted to blatant lies and incorporated Photoshop images from around the world. The report even showed people still alive and doing well, as dead.
More News »
- Watch! Shahid-Kangana's steamy romance in 'Yeh Ishq Hai'
- See the Hottest celebrity bikini bodies (Photo Gallery)
- Lock your lips in these many ways
- Celebrities Who Love Watching Porn
- Actor Kalyan Corraya gets bail
- Want to reduce your BP and cholesterol, start eating blue maize
- Jewelleries that can dazzle your look, this 2017!
- President for highlighting country's history, heritage in film
- Wear your leather jacket stylishly
- Busting common myths about sunglasses
- Affleck's sex scenes with Miller ended in tears
- Finding love, not money, key to a happy life
- Contraceptives do not kill sexual desire
- Sonam hates removing make-up after parties!
- ‘Dangal’ inching closer to 350 Crore mark, creates HISTORY