Trial against Odhikar bosses to continue
DHAKA : The High Court today dismissed an appeal by rights group Odhikar’s director ASM Nasiruddin Elan and secretary Adilur Rahman Khan against the charge framing order against them in a case lodged under information, communication and technology act.
“A High Court division bench comprising Justice M Enayetur Rahim and Justice Shahidul Karim passed the order after holding hearing on the plea,” a court official said.
A Dhaka court on January 8, 2014 framed charges in the case against the duo for distorting facts about the law enforcing agencies drive over the Hefajat mayhem in capital’s Motijheel area on May 5, 2013.
The controversial rights group while making a report over the drive resorted to blatant lies and incorporated Photoshop images from around the world. The report even showed people still alive and doing well, as dead.
More News »
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem
- Indian classical singing legend Kishori Amonkar passes away at 84
- iPhone 7 goes red to help fight AIDS