Transport strike in Chuadanga enters third day
Chuadanga : An indefinite transport strike in Chuadanga district protesting bus driver Jamir Hossain’s life sentence in a case filed over the deaths of Tareque Masud, Mishuk Munier, and three others in 2011, entered the third day on Friday, causing immense sufferings to passengers.
The District Bus and Truck Workers Union of Chuadanga enforced the strike around 2pm on Wednesday following the announcement of the verdict.
Meanwhile, transport workers have blocked five main routes of the district.
Earlier, the Manikganj court on Wednesday sentenced bus driver Jamir Hossain to life in prison in a case filed over the deaths of acclaimed filmmaker Tareque Masud, journalist and cinematographer Mishuk Munier, and three others in 2011.
The fatal accident took place on August 13, 2011, on the Dhaka – Aricha highway at Ghior upazila in Manikganj.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem