Traffic, car parking management over Biswa Ijtema
DHAKA : Police is set to take special measures ahead of the two phases Biswa Ijtema on the bank of river Turag at Tongi scheduled to be held from January 13-15 and January 20-22 to ease the traffic snarl.
The measure will come into effect at 10 pm on January 14 and 10 pm on January 21, according to an official release of police headquarters.
Vehicles will not be allowed to ply on Ashulia Bridge to Abdullahpur via Progoti Saroni and on Tongi Bridge via Gazipur intersection during the period, the release said, adding that the vehicles carrying passengers and crews of aircrafts, fire fighting vehicles and ambulance will be out the restriction.
The vehicles coming from Ghorashan via Kaliganj-Pubail can move till East Markul (K-2) of Tongi Railway Station while Dhaka bound vehicles can use Kanchpur-Jatrabari road coming from Dhaka-Sylhet highway via Ghorashal.
Ijtema goers can use Bailey Bridge or Kamarpara Bridge instead of Tongi Bridge to reach the ijtema venue on feet.
Police also fixed some places for parking of vehicles. Gausul Azam Avenue has been fixed for parking of vehicles of Dhaka Metropolitan City and Chittagong division while Sonargaon intersection to Diabari Khalpar for Dhaka division, Shahmakhdum Avenue at sector 12 for Sylhet division, open places of sector 16 and 18 of Uttara for Khulna division, Kamarpara truck stand and sector 10 for Rangpur division, Protshya Housing for Rajshahi and Mymensingh divisions, Dhaur Bridge adjacent areas and BIWTA landing station for Barisal division and Shahjalal Avenue, Nikunja-1 and Nikunja-2 areas for Dhaka Metropolitan.
Tongi Kaderia Textile Mill, Meghna Textile Mill, Shafiuddin Sarker Academy, TIC field, Badre Alam College, truck stand of Joydebpur intersection, Chandana High School field Navy cigarette factory at Tongi have been fixed for parking of vehicles of Gazipur while fields of Ashulia College and Ashulia High School for Dhaka district.
More News »
- Celebrities Who Love Watching Porn
- Actor Kalyan Corraya gets bail
- Want to reduce your BP and cholesterol, start eating blue maize
- Jewelleries that can dazzle your look, this 2017!
- President for highlighting country's history, heritage in film
- Wear your leather jacket stylishly
- Busting common myths about sunglasses
- Affleck's sex scenes with Miller ended in tears
- Finding love, not money, key to a happy life
- Contraceptives do not kill sexual desire
- Sonam hates removing make-up after parties!
- ‘Dangal’ inching closer to 350 Crore mark, creates HISTORY
- It's a good time for me: Priyanka
- Here's how hubby Karan made Bipasha's b'day extra special
- Celebs In The Most Bold Dresses Ever