Tofail expects more investment from Australia
DHAKA : Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed today urged Australian entrepreneurs to invest in Bangladesh, saying that the government will extend allout cooperation to Australian investors in Bangladesh.
“Australian entrepreneurs can invest in Special Economic Zones as Bangladesh has a very favorable investment policy and environment for overseas investors,” Tofail said when Australian High Commissioner in Dhaka Julia Niblett called on at his secretariat office here.
Tofail said in bilateral trade with Australia, Bangladesh is enjoying a favorable position as export of Bangladesh products to Australian is increasing at the rate of 18 percent annually and Bangladesh is expected to export products worth US$2.0 billion in the next five years.
He said Bangladesh has ensured safety and security of foreign investments as the government has enacted laws in this regard.
Julia Niblett said both the countries are enjoying excellent bilateral relations. The high commissioner said Australia is interested to increase the trade between the two countries. Exports of Bangladesh readymade garment to Australia will be increased if direct cargo shipping connectivity is established between the two countries, Julia Niblett added.
She said over 30,000 Bangladeshis are living in Australia and many of them have been given citizenship.
“People of Bangladesh are very sincere and hospitable,” she added.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby