The best apps for setting your 2017 resolutions
Dhaka : Do you want to see more gigs, get more sleep, keep a diary, or learn a language this year? Here’s a roundup of the best goal-oriented apps.
Bookout (iOS) – A common New Year resolution is a vow to read a new book every week and Bookout could keep your literary motivation high. You can set goals for how much time you want to spend reading (or how many books) and track your progress over the year.
Bear (iOS) – Bear is great for anyone looking to start 2017 with a fresh page. Whether you’re writing short notes, longer pieces or even that long-planned novel, its simple-but-slick interface helps you concentrate on tapping in your thoughts, then organising them so they’re easy to come back to at a later date.
1Password (iOS/Android) – 1Password generates strong passwords for you to use online and stores them securely, accessible through a single password (hence the name).
Simple Habit (iOS/Android) – Meditation and mindfulness has quietly become a popular smartphone genre, with Simple Habit one of the best apps to launch in 2016. It aims to get you meditating for five minutes a day, with tracks focused on different situations such as commuting or getting to sleep.
Memrise (iOS/Android) – Memrise is an inventive spin on language-learning apps, turning the process into part game and part story. French, Spanish, German and a host of other languages are supported.
Sleepfulness (iOS/Android) – A mindfulness app with a specific goal: getting you a full eight hours (or at least, however many you need) of sleep every night. It’s a collection of audio tracks designed to help you drop off, including (via in-app purchase) extra packs for specific issues such as anxiety and pain.
Source – The Verge
More News »
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?
- How to master the first date
- Madonna applies to adopt 2 kids
- Hollywood set for Oscars picks with no big surprises
- ‘Nayok Raj’ Razzak turns 76
- Skincare routine for grooms
- 5 Upcoming Bollywood Movies
- Sushmita Sen will judge the 65th Miss Universe pageant
- Watch! Shahid-Kangana's steamy romance in 'Yeh Ishq Hai'
- See the Hottest celebrity bikini bodies (Photo Gallery)
- Lock your lips in these many ways