Tax benefits enjoyed by Yunus under investigation: Muhith
DHAKA : Finance Minister AMA Muhith today said investigation has been started on taking tax benefits by several organizations, including Grameen Bank, of Dr Muhammad Yunus.
“Professor Yunus has taken tax benefits in favour of organisations with names of Grameen . . . it is being investigated,” he told the journalists after a meeting with Bangladesh Association of Software and Information Services (BASIS) at secretariat in the city.
Among others, State Minister for Information and Communication Technology Zunaid Ahmed Palak and Bank and Financial Institutions Division Secretary M Eunusur Rahman attended the meeting.
During the meeting, the BASIS team sought tax incentive for exporting software to achieve the target of US$5 billion export earnings from the Information and Technology sector.
Zunaid Ahmed Palak presented an overall scenario of exporting the ICT products and said there are some barriers on way to exporting the products.
He also demanded taking proper steps to remove the barriers for accelerating the exports in the sector.
The finance minister considered the demand of BASIS and said he wanted to discuss with other authorities concerned on providing cash incentive to the sector.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem