T20I No.1-ranked Imran Tahir fails to attract any IPL franchise
Bengaluru : Despite holding the top bowling spots in both the International Cricket Council (ICC) One-day Internationals (ODI) and Twenty20I rankings, South African leg-spinner Imran Tahir failed to attract any buyer in the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) auction here on Monday.
Tahir, who missed out in the morning session, once again failed to generate any interests from any of the franchises in the post-lunch session.
Surprised at the development, former India opening batsman Aakash Chopra said: ‘Imran Tahir going unsold is the ‘shocker’ of the day. Can’t fathom how.’
Tahir was not the only big name who failed to get a franchise as Indian pacer Ishant Sharma, all-rounder Irfan Pathan, left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha, middle-order batsman Manoj Tiwary also could not attract anyone.
Also joining the list were New Zealand’s Ish Sodhi, Mitchell Santner, Colin Munro, James Neesham, South African pacer Wayne Parnell and England wicketkeeper-batsman Jonny Bairstow.
Bangladesh’s Mehedi Hasan Miraj and Shabbir Rahman also failed to find any takers.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby