SUST female student ‘sexually harassed’ by junior
A female student of Shahjalal University of Science and Technology has allegedly faced sexual harassment on the campus by a junior student.
Second-year anthropology student Rahad Siddiki harassed the female student, a third-year physics student, on the campus on January 3.
The victim filed a complaint with the university’s Sexual Harassment and Assault Prevention Center on January 9 against Rahad.
She also submitted written complaints to her department’s chair and the director of student counsel.
In the complaint, the victim says an unknown youth asked her to take a selfie with him when she and her friends were going to a tea stall on the campus.
The boy passed lewd comments as she ignored his proposal.
The victim declined to make further comments on the incident, when contacted.
Rahad denied the allegation.
Harassment and Assault Prevention Center’s Convenor Prof Yasmeen Haque said they were aware of the matter. “We have received a written complaint”
Acting Proctor Munshi Naser Ibn Afzal has been informed about the incident by Physics Department, she added.
“I have received a letter from physics department,” acting proctor told Bangla Tribune.
More News »
- Twinkle’s Witty COMMENT on Karan- Kangana Fight
- ``Been inappropriately touched on Holi''
- Why midnight snacking is unhealthy
- Bad Dating Behaviors That Guys Really Hate
- 8 Reasons Why the Middle Child Is the Best Child
- Natalie Portman gives birth to a girl
- Shaon files case against Bunty
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?
- How to master the first date
- Madonna applies to adopt 2 kids
- Hollywood set for Oscars picks with no big surprises