Supreme court upholds Ariful’s Sylhet mayor post
Sylhet : The Supreme Court today upheld the High Court order that stayed the suspension of Sylhet City Corporation Mayor Ariful Haque Choudhury.
A three-member bench of the Appellate Division headed by the Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha passed the order on a petition filed by the government seeking stay on the High Court order.
With this order, there is no legal bar for Ariful Haque to hold mayoral post of Sylhet City Corporation.
Attorney General Mahbubey Alam represented the state in court while Barrister Minul Hossain stood for Ariful.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem