Sunny sent to jail
A Dhaka court on Sunday sent national cricketer Arafat Sunny to jail in a case filed under the Women and Children Repression Prevention Act.
Metropolitan Magistrate Sharufuzzaman Ansari passed the order when Shariful Islam, sub-inspector of Mohammadpur Police Station and also the investigation officer of the case, produced him before the court with seven-day remand prayer.
Besides, the court also rejected the bail petition filed by Sunny’s lawyer Muraduzzaman Murad.
Earlier, on February 1, a case was filed against Sunny and his mother Nargis Akter under the Women and Children Repression Prevention Act by a woman who claims to be his wife.
The woman, Nasrin Sultana, filed the case with the court of Dhaka Women Children Repression Prevention Tribunal Court-4.
According to the case statement, Sunny’s mother Nargis Akter along with some men beat Nasrin up on a road near Mohammadpur Police station. Later, she received treatment at Dhaka Diagnostic Centre, the statement added.
Besides, two more cases were filed against Arafat Sunny and his mother on charge of demanding Tk 20 lakh as dowry and under the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Act on January 23 and January 22 respectively.
Sunny was taken on remand in separate cases filed against him.
More News »
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?
- How to master the first date
- Madonna applies to adopt 2 kids
- Hollywood set for Oscars picks with no big surprises
- ‘Nayok Raj’ Razzak turns 76
- Skincare routine for grooms
- 5 Upcoming Bollywood Movies
- Sushmita Sen will judge the 65th Miss Universe pageant
- Watch! Shahid-Kangana's steamy romance in 'Yeh Ishq Hai'
- See the Hottest celebrity bikini bodies (Photo Gallery)
- Lock your lips in these many ways