Sunny sent to jail
A Dhaka court on Sunday sent national cricketer Arafat Sunny to jail in a case filed under the Women and Children Repression Prevention Act.
Metropolitan Magistrate Sharufuzzaman Ansari passed the order when Shariful Islam, sub-inspector of Mohammadpur Police Station and also the investigation officer of the case, produced him before the court with seven-day remand prayer.
Besides, the court also rejected the bail petition filed by Sunny’s lawyer Muraduzzaman Murad.
Earlier, on February 1, a case was filed against Sunny and his mother Nargis Akter under the Women and Children Repression Prevention Act by a woman who claims to be his wife.
The woman, Nasrin Sultana, filed the case with the court of Dhaka Women Children Repression Prevention Tribunal Court-4.
According to the case statement, Sunny’s mother Nargis Akter along with some men beat Nasrin up on a road near Mohammadpur Police station. Later, she received treatment at Dhaka Diagnostic Centre, the statement added.
Besides, two more cases were filed against Arafat Sunny and his mother on charge of demanding Tk 20 lakh as dowry and under the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Act on January 23 and January 22 respectively.
Sunny was taken on remand in separate cases filed against him.
More News »
- iPhone 7 goes red to help fight AIDS
- Men more prone to infertility due to less sleep
- Afternoon power nap can boost employees creativity
- Twinkle’s Witty COMMENT on Karan- Kangana Fight
- ``Been inappropriately touched on Holi''
- Why midnight snacking is unhealthy
- Bad Dating Behaviors That Guys Really Hate
- 8 Reasons Why the Middle Child Is the Best Child
- Natalie Portman gives birth to a girl
- Shaon files case against Bunty
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?