Subservient EC not to be accepted
Dhaka : BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir on Tuesday alleged that Awami League has made President’s dialogue initiative ‘controversial’ as it wants to cling to power by creating political instability in the country.
“Awami League won’t be able to stay in power in a congenial political atmosphere. So, they always create disorder by destroying the country’s political stability. As part of it, the party leaders have already made the President’s dialogue initiative controversial,” he said, reports UNB.
The BNP leader came up with the remarks while speaking at a milad mahfil at BNP’s Nayapaltan central office arranged by the party, marking the second death anniversary of its chairperson Khaleda Zia’s younger son Arafat Rahman Koko.
On January 24, 2015, Koko died of cardiac arrest at the age of 45 at his rented house in Malaysia. BNP and its associate bodies took various programmes to mark the day.
Fakhrul renewed his party’s warning that if a subservient Election Commission (EC) is formed as per Awami League’s desire, the country’s people will never accept it.
He said their party chairperson placed a 13-point proposal on the constitution of a stronger and neuter EC to restore a healthy politics in the country.
“There was a belief among people that the President would constitute a credible Election commission as he had talked to political parties based on our chairperson’s proposal. But, they (AL leaders) are making reckless remarks on it only to turn it fruitless,” he observed.
The BNP leader alleged that those who want to control the country’s politics completely and restore one-party rule are hatching a well-designed plot to annihilate Zia family.
He also said the government has established a reign of terror across the country by resorting to repressive acts, killing and enforced disappearance to hang onto power illegally and unethically.
Fakhrul urged his party colleagues to get organised to remove the current ‘undemocratic and evil force’ from power.
Later, a munajat was offered seeking the eternal peace of Koko’s departed soul.
BNP standing committee members Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain, Mirza Abbas, Dr Abdul Moyeen Khan, vice chairman AZM Zahid and BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi, among others, joined the programme.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby