Students to receive stipends through mobile banking
Dhaka : An initiative for students to receive their stipends via mobile banking was launched in the capital on Sunday.
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid formally inaugurated the initiative at the International Mother Language Institute auditorium, from where students of Patgram Hujur Uddin Govt. Girls High School in Lalmonirhat were sent their stipend money through video conferencing.
The stipend money is being sent to the poor and meritorious students through Agrani Bank Limited and bKash under the Secondary Education Sector Investment Progarmme (SESIP) of the government.
Chaired by director general of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Directorate Dr SM Wahiduzzman, the event was addressed, among others, by secretary of the Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Division Md Sohrab Hossain, ADB acting country director Cai Li, SESIP joint programme director Abu Syeed Sheikh, Agrani Bank managing director Ismail Hossain and bKash chief executive officer Kamal Kader.
Speaking on the occasion, Nahid said the government is providing stipend among students across the country under different progammes while students of 54 upazilas of 17 districts will get stipends under the SESIP.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby