Stocks break 4-day gaining streak
DHAKA : Stock markets closed on Wednesday down after breaking a rally that continued at both Dhaka and Chittagong stock exchanges in the past four sessions in a row.
The markets were upbeat in the last four-day, taking the broader index at the prime bourse up at close of every trading session since January 19.
The broader index of DSEX of Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) finished the session 86.97 points down at 5621.28, with the DSES and the DS30 closing in red at 1287.57 and at 2028.07 respectively.
Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) also closed in red when its major index CASPI finishing 280.29 points down at 17,426.98.
At DSE, 228 securities closed lower against 89 gaining ones. Similarly, 191 issues incurred loss and 71 closed higher at Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) among the day’s 274 traded issues.
The daily trade value declined to Taka 1524.94 crore from the previous day’s Taka 2,013.45 crore and the volume witnessed a fall of 48.96 crore shares from 68.28 crore shares.
At CSE, the daily trade value was Taka 83.94 crore for 3.20 crore shares.
Bank, engineering and tannery industries were the major lading sectors while the major advancing sectors included financial institution, insurance, and food and allied.
The top five gaining securities at DSE were IDLC, Popular Life Insurance, Federal Insurance, City General Insurance and Fine Foods. The top five losing issues were Premier Bank, Jamuna Bank, K&Q, Shasha Denims and Samata Leather. Islami Bank topped the turnover leaders followed by IDLC, Beximco, Baraka Power and Lanka Bangla Finance.
More News »
- iPhone 7 goes red to help fight AIDS
- Men more prone to infertility due to less sleep
- Afternoon power nap can boost employees creativity
- Twinkle’s Witty COMMENT on Karan- Kangana Fight
- ``Been inappropriately touched on Holi''
- Why midnight snacking is unhealthy
- Bad Dating Behaviors That Guys Really Hate
- 8 Reasons Why the Middle Child Is the Best Child
- Natalie Portman gives birth to a girl
- Shaon files case against Bunty
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?