Sri Lanka beat Bangladesh to level ODI series
Sports Desk : Sri Lanka beat Bangladesh by 70 runs to level three match ODI series 1-1 in the third and final ODI at the Sinhalese Sports Club Ground in Colombo on Saturday.
Bangladesh won the first match against Sri Lanka while the second ODI washed out due to heavy rain at Dambulla.
Bangladesh were all out scoring 210 runs thanks to allrounder Mehedi Hasan Miraz who hit career first fifty against Sri Lanka.
Shakib Al Hasan with 54 runs was the highest scorer in the Bangladesh side while Soumya Sarkar hit 38.
Sri Lanka’s Nuwan Kulasekara grabbed four wickets while Lakmal, Dilruwan Perera and Prasanna took two wickets each.
Earlier, sent in to bat first, host Sri Lanka scored 280 for 9 in 50 overs where number 3 batsman Kusal Mendis hammered a fifty of 54 off 76 balls, including four boundaries, and number 7 batsman Thisara Perera added quick 52 off 40 balls, witnessing four boundaries and one six.
Thisara Perera was caught by Taskin Ahmed off skipper Mashrafe Bin Mortaza’s bowling to depart from 8th wicket that played a crucial partnership innings of 45 off 27 balls.
The 8th pair between Thisara Perera and Dilruwan Perera carried the team total to 275/8 in 49.2 ovrs from 230/7 in 44.5 overs.
Mendis was caught behind by keeper Mushfiqur Rahim off Mustafizur Rahman, leaving team total at 194/5 in 37 overs. Asela Gunaratne scored 34 runs
Danushka Gunathilaka and skipper Upul Tharanga ensured a well of start for Sri Lanka keeping the Tigers bowlers — Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, Mustafizur Rahman, Mehedi Hasan Miraz, Taskin Ahmed and Mahmudullah Ryiad — barren up to 10.5 overs before Mehedi Hasan Miraz departed Gunathilaka from opening pair at 76/1.
Soon after the Miraza’s haul for the first breakthrough, Bangladesh’s young pacer Taskin Ahmed bowled out skipper Tharanga at 87/2 in 13.4 overs.
Tharanga stayed for 35 runs while Gunathilaka was caught by Mahmudullah Riyad scoring 34 runs.
Dinesh Chandimal (21) was run out at 136/3 in 25.5 overs, after facing a ball off all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan.
Chandimal’s firm effort saw that the bat was plunked inside, but he lifted it even as both feet were in the air when the bails were dislodged. Taskin threw the ball from the deep point area while keeper Mushfiqur Rahim smartly did the rest work.
Asela Gunaratne scored 34 runs while Dilruwan Perera (15) and Milinda Siriwardana (12) were the other double figure scorers for the side.
Mashrafe captured three wickets for 65 runs in 10 overs. Mustafizur bagged two for 55 also in 0 overs while Miraz and Taskin took one wicket each.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem