Solution to Rohingya crisis lies with Myanmar: Bernicat
COX’S BAZAR : US Ambassador in Dhaka Marcia Bernicat today said the solution to the crisis evolved with Rohingyas lied with Myanmar as she visibly echoed the stance of Bangladesh and the international community on the issue.
“Rohingya refugee crisis is the problem of Myanmar and they have to solve it,” she told newsmen after visiting several registered and unregistered refugee camps in Teknaf and Ukhia upazilas of Cox’s Bazar.
Bernicat added that her country continued to insist Myanmar to resolve the issue and continue to do so to put an end to the humanitarian crisis.
“It is commendable that Bangladesh government is helping the Rohingya people . . . we have directly talked with the victims about different issues and to find the way of the problem,” she said.
She visited the unregistered Rohingya refugee camp at Leda village in Hnila union of Teknaf and talked to Rohingyas who fled their home at the Rakhaine state of Myanmar to evade persecution.
She also visited Nayapara Rohingya refugee camp at Hnila union.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby