Smart cards to make polls more acceptable: Pramanik
NAOGAON : Textiles and Jute Minister Emaj Uddin Pramanik today said the present government has introduced smart National Identity (NID) card system for making the electoral process more transparent and acceptable.
“There would be no scope in the system to cast fake votes or manipulate elections,” he said while exchanging views with 14 union chairmen of Mandha upazila of the district.
Earlier, Pramanik said, the evil forces of BNP-Jammat had tried to implement their blue-print to capture the state power by making 1.30 crore fake voters but their efforts went in vain as the present government canceled those voters.
People are getting highly secure machine-readable smart NID cards in phases replacing the existing laminated cards. The microchips in smart cards will contain all relevant information of a citizen. The cardholders will get 25 types of services, including banking, TIN, driving license, agriculture, jobs and passport.
The minister said the Awami League led by Bangabandhu’s daughter Sheikh Hasina has been relentlessly working to continue her efforts for building a modern, healthy and prosperous Bangladesh.
He said the present government has achieved tremendous success in this respect and is working hard to make the country a middle income one by 2041.
As part of the government plan, Pramanik said all union parishads would be digitized in phases. He urged the UP chairmen to play a constructive role in keeping up the government’s development pace as well as strengthening union councils at the grassroots.
UP chairman association general secretary Mostafizur Rahman, members Belal Khan, Naofel Ali and Jahangir Alam also spoke at the function with association president president Abdul Alim in the chair.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem