Signal 3 for maritime ports: Met office
DHAKA : Maritime ports of Chittagong, Cox’s Bazar,Mongla and Payra have been advised to hoist local cautionary signal number three as steep pressure gradient lies over the North Bay, said a Met office press release this morning.
“Squally weather may affect the maritime ports, the North Bay and
adjoining coastal areas of Bangladesh as steep pressure gradient lies over the North Bay,” it said.
All fishing boats and trawlers over the North Bay have been advised to
come close to the coast and proceed with caution till further notice, the release mentioned.
On river-ports, the Met office said, “In association with rain or
thundershowers temporary west or northwesterly squalls speed 60-80 kph is likely to occur over the regions of Tangail, Mymensingh, Dhaka, Faridpur,Jessore, Kushtia, Khulna, Barisal, Patuakhali, Noakhali, Comilla, Chittagong,Cox’s Bazar and Sylhet wherein river-ports shall hoist riverine warning signal no. two.”
Besides, rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary west or
northwesterly gusty or squally wind speed 45-60 kph is likely to occur
elsewhere over the country wherein river-ports shall hoist cautionary signal no. one, it added.
Day and night temperature may remain nearly unchanged over the country.
Today’s sunset in Dhaka would at 6:23pm and tomorrow’s sunrise at 5:31 am.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem