Sheikh Hasina to lead Awami League delegation for EC talks
Dhaka, shadhinbangla24.com : The 19-member Awami League delegation to discuss the formation of a new Election Commission with President Md Abdul Hamid will be led by party chief and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
The ruling party is scheduled to hold the discussion with the president on Wednesday.
The Kazi Rakibuddin Ahmad-led Election Commission’s tenure ends in February.
The new Election Commission will handle the next national election slated for 2019.
Before forming a ‘search panel’ to appoint commissioners, President Hamid has started talks with political parties, just like his predecessor had done in 2012.
The talks began on Dec 18 with the BNP, which has no representation in the Parliament after boycotting the 2014 polls.
Altogether 23 political parties have been invited for the talks.
Bangabhaban officials hinted that the dialogue on a new EC will end with the meeting between the president and the Awami League delegation.
More News »
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem
- Indian classical singing legend Kishori Amonkar passes away at 84
- iPhone 7 goes red to help fight AIDS