Sheikh Hasina to lead Awami League delegation for EC talks
Dhaka, shadhinbangla24.com : The 19-member Awami League delegation to discuss the formation of a new Election Commission with President Md Abdul Hamid will be led by party chief and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
The ruling party is scheduled to hold the discussion with the president on Wednesday.
The Kazi Rakibuddin Ahmad-led Election Commission’s tenure ends in February.
The new Election Commission will handle the next national election slated for 2019.
Before forming a ‘search panel’ to appoint commissioners, President Hamid has started talks with political parties, just like his predecessor had done in 2012.
The talks began on Dec 18 with the BNP, which has no representation in the Parliament after boycotting the 2014 polls.
Altogether 23 political parties have been invited for the talks.
Bangabhaban officials hinted that the dialogue on a new EC will end with the meeting between the president and the Awami League delegation.
More News »
- Twinkle’s Witty COMMENT on Karan- Kangana Fight
- ``Been inappropriately touched on Holi''
- Why midnight snacking is unhealthy
- Bad Dating Behaviors That Guys Really Hate
- 8 Reasons Why the Middle Child Is the Best Child
- Natalie Portman gives birth to a girl
- Shaon files case against Bunty
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?
- How to master the first date
- Madonna applies to adopt 2 kids
- Hollywood set for Oscars picks with no big surprises