Shajahan calls for trial of arsonists, saboteurs
DHAKA : Shipping Minister Shajahan Khan, MP, said today that those who had thrown petrol bombs, made arson attacks and killed people should be tried too.
The minister was addressing a rally to celebrate the founding of workers-employees-professionals freedom fighters’ coordination council and movement for the mass trial of war criminals at Shahbagh.
Shajahan further said, “The killers of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman had been tried, war criminals had been tried, the assassins of the seven murders of Narayanganj had been tried, why the terrorists who had killed people in the name of movement should remain outside the purview of law?”
He reminded the nation that the Jamaat-BNP had enforced a 92-days’ long uninterrupted hartal to subvert the general election of 2014.
He also appealed to the nation to be aware of similar tactics in the upcoming election of 2019.
The minister asked to the masses to resist those who were conspiring against the nation and carried out arson attacks.
Among others who spoke at the meeting included Shirin Akhter, MP and other cultural and labor leaders.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem