Second rain stoppage with Bangladesh 119-2
Sports Desk, shadhinbangla24.com : Tamim Iqbal and Mominul Haque plundered New Zealand’s bowling to have Bangladesh at 119 for two when rain halted play for a second time on the opening day of the first Test on Thursday.
Only 50 minutes play were possible in Wellington before lunch and another 89 minutes after the resumption as showers and a blustery wind swept through the New Zealand capital.
New Zealand chose to bowl when they won the toss, but the green wicket and strong wind proved to be not as threatening as first feared.
Opener Tamim hit 56 off 50 deliveries before he was removed lbw by Trent Boult, while Mominul was unbeaten on 48 at the second stoppage.
Mominul had been circumspect until the rain arrived when he belted two fours and a six off Tim Southee before the umpires took the players from the field.
More News »
- iPhone 7 goes red to help fight AIDS
- Men more prone to infertility due to less sleep
- Afternoon power nap can boost employees creativity
- Twinkle’s Witty COMMENT on Karan- Kangana Fight
- ``Been inappropriately touched on Holi''
- Why midnight snacking is unhealthy
- Bad Dating Behaviors That Guys Really Hate
- 8 Reasons Why the Middle Child Is the Best Child
- Natalie Portman gives birth to a girl
- Shaon files case against Bunty
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?