Search committee a farce: Dudu
Dhaka : BNP vice-chairman Shamsuzzaman Dudu on Thursday described the six-member search committee formed by the President for constituting the new Election Commission (EC) as a ‘farce committee’.
“We think a farce committee has been formed in the name of a search committee,” he said.
Speaking at a human chain programme, he also said their party does not expect anything good from such a search committee formed as per Awami League’s desire.
Bangladesh Youth Forum, a pro-BNP platform, arranged the programme in front of the Jatiya Press Club, demanding the withdrawal of ‘false cases’ filed against BNP’s Kishoreganj district unit president and other leaders.
On Wednesday, President Abdul Hamid formed the six-member search committee for reconstituting the new EC.
Dudu said people had an expectation that the President would form a neutral search committee. “But, the nation has got frustrated and aggrieved over the search committee formed yesterday (Wednesday).”
He alleged that such a search committee was formed as the government wants to hold another January-5 style election.
The BNP leader warned that the ruling party’s dream for holding another farcical election will turn into a nightmare in the face of a strong resistance from people.
He also said their party will take to the streets if the political crisis is not resolved through talks.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem