SC stays bail of one in journalist Shimul murder trial
DHAKA : The apex court today stayed for two month the bail of AKM Nasir Uddin, an accused in the case lodged over the murder of journalist Abdul Hakim Shimul in Sirajganj.
Justice Hasan Foez Siddique of Appellate Division Chamber Judge court passed the order, accepting an appeal of the state.
A High Court division bench on April 13 granted Nasir bail in the case.
Shimul, a local correspondent of national daily Samakal, was shot to death allegedly by Shahjadpur Mayor Halimul Hoque Miru on February 2. His widow Nurunnahar Begum later filed a case with local police against 18, including Miru.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem