SC asks TSS to compensate Turkey’s Netas $10,000
DHAKA : The Appellate Division of the Supreme Court (SC) today asked state owned Telephone Shilpa Sangstha (TSS) Ltd to give Turkey’s digital transformation company Netas USD 10,000 in compensation.
A three-member apex court bench headed by Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha passed the order disposing of a leave to appeal petition filed in this regard.
Earlier on December 12, 2016, the High Court passed an order declaring illegal the process through which Bangladesh Telecommunications Company Ltd (BTCL) awarded the TSS instead of Netas a contract to set up a high powered transmission system from Kuakata to Dhaka, although the Turkish company was found to be the best bidder.
Later Netas, TSS and BTCL moved to the apex court and filed three separate pleas for their respective causes.
The apex court in today’s order, however, upheld the contract signed between BTCL and TSS.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem