Rural people to get facilities like urban citizens: Matia
SHERPUR : Agriculture Minister Begum Matia Chowdhury said here today that the government is working with the aim of ensuring for rural people the facilities that are now being enjoyed by the citizens of urban areas.
Referring to various welfare-oriented programmes undertaken by the present government, she said it (government) always wants to serve the people and advance the country.
The minister was distributing warm clothes and stipends among the students of different educational institutions under Nalitabari upazila of the district on Kapasia Shaheed Memorial High School premises.
Additional deputy commissioner Ariful Islam, superintendent of police Rafikul hasan Gani, Nalitabari UNO Tarafder Sohel, upazila Awami League president Ziaul Haque and secretary Fajlul haque were present, among others.
Later, the minister distributed warm clothes among 1328 students and stipends among 228 students.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem