Rice production boosts for power supply, roads in rural areas
BHOLA : Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed today said Bangladesh produced 85 million kilograms (kg) of rice this year due to tremendous development in rural areas.
“Earlier, we usually produced 10 million kg rice and exported 5/6 million kg. This year, rice production reached 85 million kg due to availability of power and development of rural roads. The people’s life standard has improved and they are now much better than before,” he said speaking as chief guest at a function at the Sadar upazila here.
The function was held to inaugurate a new building of the Sadar Upazila Parishad with Upazila Chairman M Mosharraf Hossain in the chair.
The minister said under the dynamic leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, Bangladesh is moving fast towards the path of development following the ideas of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
The function was also addressed by local Deputy Commissioner (DC) M Selimuddin, District Awami League General Secretary and District Council Chairman Abdul Mamin Tulu, Police Super M Moktar Hossain, District Awami League Joint Secretary Enamul Haque Arju, Organizing Secretary Mainul Hossain Biplob, Vice Chairman of Upazila Parishad M Yunus Miah and Upazila Nirbahi Officer Mridha M Mujahidul Islam, among others.
Tofail Ahmed, also an Awami League Advisory Council member, said the government constructed the upazila council building at a cost of Taka 4.77 crore.
He said though the heinous killers killed Bangabandhu, they could not destroy his ideology. “Bangladesh, under the leadership of his daughter Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, is on the highway of development today,” he added.
“The present government has installed more than 5,000 digital centres across the country and the young generation can easily earn money through outsourcing. This was the dream of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina,” Tofail said.
Referring to the World Bank rating, he said, ” We have already reached the level of a middle income country.”
“Former US President Barack Obama in his speech said Bangladesh is ahead in ICT. It can be followed. Today, money can be sent through mobile banking easily,” he added.
The Awami League senior leader instructed the authorities concerned to make lists of rural roads at every union for pavement.
“After assuming power in 2009, the Awami League government did not torture any BNP leader. But the BNP tortured us and carried out grenade attacks on the then leader of the opposition and Awami League President Sheikh Hasina on August 21,” he said.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby