Recipe: Roti Upma
If you have leftover rotis or chapattis then worry not. You need to wonder what to do with them. Here’s a brilliant way of consuming rotis/chapatis and ensuring you do not let leftovers go waste.
Here’s an easy to make delicious recipe that can be ideal for your breakfast.
1 medium onion (finely chopped)
1 green chilli (finely chopped) optional
½ tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp jeera (cumin) powder
½ tsp dhaniya (coriander) powder
½ tsp haldi (turmeric) powder
½ tsp mirchi (chilli) powder
½ tsp garam masala (aromatic spices) powder
1 ½ tablespoon oil for cooking
Salt to taste
Finely chopped coriander for garnishing.
Heat some oil in a Kadhai (pan). Add some mustard seeds. Once they splutter, add chopped onion, green chilli and all the masalas one by one. Cook until onion turns transparent. Then add salt.
In the meanwhile, tear the rotis/chapattis into very tiny pieces.Now add it to the onion in the kadhai and mix well until the masala gets equally dissolved in the torn Roti/Chapati pieces.
Transfer the cooked Roto Upma to a serving bowl Garnish with chopped coriander. Serve hot.
More News »
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?
- How to master the first date
- Madonna applies to adopt 2 kids
- Hollywood set for Oscars picks with no big surprises
- ‘Nayok Raj’ Razzak turns 76
- Skincare routine for grooms
- 5 Upcoming Bollywood Movies
- Sushmita Sen will judge the 65th Miss Universe pageant
- Watch! Shahid-Kangana's steamy romance in 'Yeh Ishq Hai'
- See the Hottest celebrity bikini bodies (Photo Gallery)
- Lock your lips in these many ways