Recipe: Roti Upma
If you have leftover rotis or chapattis then worry not. You need to wonder what to do with them. Here’s a brilliant way of consuming rotis/chapatis and ensuring you do not let leftovers go waste.
Here’s an easy to make delicious recipe that can be ideal for your breakfast.
1 medium onion (finely chopped)
1 green chilli (finely chopped) optional
½ tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp jeera (cumin) powder
½ tsp dhaniya (coriander) powder
½ tsp haldi (turmeric) powder
½ tsp mirchi (chilli) powder
½ tsp garam masala (aromatic spices) powder
1 ½ tablespoon oil for cooking
Salt to taste
Finely chopped coriander for garnishing.
Heat some oil in a Kadhai (pan). Add some mustard seeds. Once they splutter, add chopped onion, green chilli and all the masalas one by one. Cook until onion turns transparent. Then add salt.
In the meanwhile, tear the rotis/chapattis into very tiny pieces.Now add it to the onion in the kadhai and mix well until the masala gets equally dissolved in the torn Roti/Chapati pieces.
Transfer the cooked Roto Upma to a serving bowl Garnish with chopped coriander. Serve hot.
More News »
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem
- Indian classical singing legend Kishori Amonkar passes away at 84