Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
Dhaka : A Dhaka court sent actor Tanvir Tonu to jail rejecting his bail prayer after a woman had lodged a case against him for allegedly raping her.
Dhaka Metropolitan Judge Sarfuzzaman Ansari passed the order on Saturday.
Earlier, film actor and model Tanvir Rahman Tonu was arrested from his Mirpur residence on Friday following a case filed against him for allegedly raping a woman on May 6.
Inspector (Operation) of Rupnagar Police Station Mokammel Hossain said that Tonu was detained from his house in Rupnagar Residential Area on Friday afternoon after the victim, an executive of a private firm, had filed a rape complaint against him.
She alleged that Tonu called her at his house at Rupnagar in Mirpur on May 6 while his wife was outside and raped her in presence of one of Tonu’s friends.
A case was filed over the matter around 10:00pm on Friday.
On Saturday morning, police sent Tonu to Metropolitan Magistrates’ Court seeking five-day remand plea for interrogation and the court will deliver its order in this regard later in the day, he said.
Tonu appeared in a number of movies including ‘Full and Final’, ‘Gunda’, and ‘Khas Zamin’.
He also played the role of Satish in ‘Karmaphal’ based on the short story by Rabindranath Tagore.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem