Quader urges party activists to stand beside cold-hit people
DHAKA : Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader today urged the party leaders and activists across the country to stand beside the cold-hit people.
“I, on behalf of the party president, have asked all leaders and activists to distribute warm cloths among the cold-hit people to serve the humanity. Help the poor people by giving them warm cloths instead of money,” he said.
The Awami League General Secretary was addressing a warm cloth distribution ceremony in front of party central office at Bangabandhu Avenue marking the 3rd anniversary of Awami League Government.
Dhaka City South Awami League organized the programme with its president Haji Abul Hasnat in the chair.
On BNP Senior Joint Secretary General Ruhul Kabir Rizvi Ahmed’s remark that they (BNP) would anyhow stage public rallies at Suhrawardy Udyan in future whether they get permission or not, Quader said: The party, which could not take to streets in the last three years, is now only roaming in the realm of imagination but it would not be of any use.
The minister said the Awami League led government has done an envious development in the last 8 years. No government could match the development of the AL government in 26 years after the assassination of Bangabandhu, he added.
Quader, however, said, “We may have some lapses and shortcomings as we are human beings. But, the country has witnessed tremendous development that surpassed the expectations of the people.”
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem