Quader urges countrymen to observe Mujibnagar Day befittingly
DHAKA : Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader yesterday called upon the countrymen, including the party leaders and activists, for observing the historic Mujibnagar Day on April 17 in a befitting manner.
He, in a statement, urged all associate and like-minded bodies to observe all programmes of the day, including discussions, processions and photo exhibitions, with due respect.
Quader, also minister for road transport and bridges, said Mujibnagar Day is a remarkable day for the Bengali nation.
After the declaration of independence by Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, the constitution of Mujibnagar Government (in 1971) was essential to properly supervise the Liberation War and to firmly establish the constitutional rights of the Bengali nation, he said.
The AL general secretary said the Mujibnagar Government led the Liberation War with immense bravery and heroism resisting the genocide and atrocities unleashed on unarmed civilians of Bangladesh by the Pakistani occupation forces.
Quader said through the formation of the government, the Bengali nation’s resistance against the Pakistanis turned into a heavy war and hastened the victory of Bangladesh to become an independent and sovereign state.
He said the Mujibnagar Government was constituted making Bangabandhu, who was confined to Pakistan jail, President, Syed Nazrul Islam Vice President and Tajuddin Ahmad Prime Minister.
The government led the long nine month Liberation War with competence keeping the all freedom loving Bengalis united and Bangladesh achieved final victory on December 16, 1971, he said.
Quader said Bangladesh, under the leadership of Bangabandhu’s daughter Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, has now stood with its head high before the globe.
The present dignified status of Bangladesh in the international arena is the successful materialization of the dream of the first government of independent and sovereign Bangladesh led by Bangabandhu, he said.
The AL general secretary urged the people irrespective of castes and creeds to devote themselves to build a modern and prosperous country imbued with the spirit of Liberation War.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem