Provide better service to people, don’t cheat them
KISHOREGANJ : President Md. Abdul Hamid has urged representatives of local government bodies and all concerned to work sincerely and honestly to reach all sorts of services at people’s doorsteps.
“You (public representatives) must work sincerely and honestly . . . Ensure better services to people. You shouldn’t cheat them,” he told a public meeting on Abdul Haque College premise of Mithamoin upazila here yesterday.
Many elected public representatives show attitudes like ‘jamidars’ with common people, the President said, adding “this is not fair at all”.
He observed that many local bodies representatives behave well to common people prior to the elections to bag votes, but their attitude usually change shortly after they are elected. “But approach of public representatives should remain same even after elections,” President Abdul Hamid added.
Abdul Hamid called upon general people to be aware of electing public representatives in the greater interest of the country and its people.
“General people must be aware of choosing their leaders. I do believe this will help the country to go ahead,” he said.
If public representatives become aware of, the President said, the government officials will be compelled to be honest and perform their duties to people.
Recalling his childhood, the President said although he resides at Bangabhaban, his mind always remains in the haor areas where he was grown up, and always thinks of this people.
“I will come back to haor again if Allah gives me a long life,” he added.
President Abdul Hamid also urged the people of haor regions to encourage their children to be educated so that they can contribute to development of this area. “This is the age of competition. Build your children in a way that would help them compete with others. As a result, the haors will be developed.”
About the problems of the haors’ people, Abdul Hamid said they fight against nature to survive here and many villages have already been disappeared from this region due to flood and river erosion.
The President also said that the haor region has already seen a significant development, including infrastructure sector and roads, in last 14 years which make the life of haor people easier.
Rezwan Ahmed Toufiq, MP, Afzol Hossain, MP, Sohrab Hossain, MP, and chairman of Kishoreganj Zila Parishad Mohammad Zillur Rahman, among others, spoke.
Earlier, President Abdul Hamid inaugurated a new building of Tamija Khatun Government Girls School at Mithamoin.
He also visited different structures, a market and development work sites, including Itna-Mithamoin-Astagram Road Construction Project.
During his visit to different project sites, the President asked the authorities concerned to ensure quality work and complete works within the stipulated time.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem