President, PM greet Muslims on Bishwa Ijtema
DHAKA : President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today greeted the Muslim devotees all over the world on the occasion of the Bishwa Ijtema, the world congregation of the Muslims, beginning at Tongi tomorrow.
In separate messages on the eve of the Ijtema, the President and the Prime Minister wished all success of the three-day congregation.
President Abdul Hamid, in his message, welcomed all the devotees joining the huge congregation.
“Islam is the religion of peace and humanity. Ijtema is a significant event as devotees from all around the world join this with the aim of propagating Islam, working for the spread of this religion, apart from following real ideology and creed of Islam,” President said.
“We can achieve the overall welfare by following the ideals of Islam,” he said and expressed the conviction that the Bishwa Ijtema would play a significant role in consolidating unity, solidarity and fraternity of the Islamic Ummah.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, in her message, said that the Bishwa Ijtema on the bank of the Turag river at Tongi on the outskirts of Dhaka has been contributing to the propagation of the core message of Islam.
The traditional non-communal spirit, hospitality and tolerance in Bangladesh would be presented to the world community through the foreign guests attending the Ijtema, she said.
The prime minister prayed for the happiness, peace, welfare and prosperity of the countrymen and the Muslim Ummah on the occasion of the Bishwa Ijtema.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem