President hosts reception on Independence Day
DHAKA : President Abdul Hamid and his wife Rashida Khanom today hosted a reception at Bangabhaban marking the country’s 47th Independence and National Day.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina joined the reception on the lawn of the President’s Palace at about 4.45 pm.
Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury and former President Professor Dr AQM Bradruddoza Chowdhury took part in the reception.
Valiant freedom fighters and family members of Birshreshtha gallantry award recipients attended the Independence and National Day reception.
Cabinet members, deputy speaker, advisers to the prime minister, ambassadors and high commissioners of different countries, chief election commissioner, state ministers, Supreme Court judges, cabinet secretary, senior lawyers, chiefs of the three services, members of parliament, senior political leaders, editors, journalist leaders, senior civil and military officers, academics, business community leaders, artistes and distinguished citizens also joined the reception.
President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina cut a cake on the occasion of the Independence and National Day. They exchanged greetings with the injured freedom fighters and other dignitaries and guests at the function.
Abdul Hamid and Sheikh Hasina also inquired about the wellbeing of the injured freedom fighters and assured them of extending allout support for their welfare.
The reception was followed by a cultural function where country’s renowned artistes performed patriotic songs.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem