President greets all on Int’l Mother Language Day
DHAKA : President Md. Abdul Hamid today greeted people of all languages across the globe on the occasion of ‘Martyrs’ Day and International Mother Language Day 2017″.
In a message on the occasion, the President said, “I extend my sincere felicitations to all the people of different languages across the globe along with the Bangla-speaking people.”
The President, simultaneously, paid rich tribute to the unfading memory of the martyrs who made their supreme sacrifices in the 1952 Language Movement to establish the Bangla-speaking people’s right of their mother tongue that subsequently gained respect of the people of all languages across the world.
Terming the great language movement as a historic and significant event in our national history, President Hamid said, “This movement was aimed at establishing the rights of our mother tongue as well as protecting self-entity and culture.”
Being a source of ceaseless inspiration, Amar Ekushey had inspired the nation to establish a sovereign state through a ninth-month struggle under the farsighted and charismatic leadership of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
Abdul Hamid recalled with deep respect the language martyrs — Salam, Barkat, Rafiq, Jabbar and Shafiur and other unknown martyrs who made supreme sacrifices in the great Language Movement for the cause of mother tongue.
“We feel proud that the spirit of Amar Ekushey is now inspiring the people of different languages around the globe to protect and preserve their own languages and cultures transcending the boundary of our country,” he said.
Mentioning that the incident of 1952 is an unprecedented event in the world history to embrace martyrdom for the sake of mother tongue, the President said, “It is a matter of pride that February 21 was recognized as the International Mother Language Day by the UNESCO in 1999 with the spontaneous attachment and sincere endeavour of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina along with the primary efforts of some expatriate Bangla-loving Bangladeshis. As the Bangali, it was our great achievement.”
President Hamid hoped that the Day would emerge as the symbol of unity and victory for preserving the respective languages and cultures of all nations and people of the world.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby