President asks EC to ensure fair, transparent polls
DHAKA : President Md. Abdul Hamid today asked members of the newly constituted Election Commission (EC) to perform their job with the help of all political parties and others concerned to ensure holding of polls in a free, fair and credible manner.
“Election is a conducive element of the democratic process . . . All-out cooperation of political parties and mass people is a must to ensure a free, fair and transparent election across the country,” the President said as a six-member EC delegation led by Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) KM Nurul Huda made a courtesy call on him at Bangabhaban this afternoon.
President’s Press Secretary Joynal Abedin briefed the journalists after the meeting.
Welcoming the new EC, President Hamid expressed the hope that the new commission led by the CEC would be able to perform their duty with confidence.
Four election commissioners — Mahbub Talukder, Md Rafiqul Islam, Kabita Khanam and Brig Gen (retd) Shahadat Hossain Chowdhury — and EC secretariat Secretary Mohammad Abdullah were on the delegation.
The CEC said the election commission would try its level best to perform the constitutional task bestowed upon them with sincerely, honesty and transparently.
The CEC sought all-out cooperation of the President to discharge the duty in a perfect manner.
He also expressed their firmness to perform their duties and responsibilities with perfection through gaining people’s confidence.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem