President appoints 8 High Court judges
DHAKA : President Abdul Hamid in consultation with Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha has appointed eight additional judges of High Court Division as judges of the same division, a law ministry release said.
The eight judges are Justice S.M. Mozibur Rahman, Justice Amir Hossain, Justice Khizir Ahmed Choudhury, Justice Razik-Al-Jalil, Justice Bhishmadev Chakrabortty, Justice Md. Iqbal Kabir, Justice Md. Salim and Justice Md. Shohrowardi.
“…the President appointed them in exercise of his power under article 95 of the Constitution. The appointment will be effective from the date of oath taking,” the release added.
Law and Justice Division has issued a gazette notification in this regard yesterday.
All the eight judges were elevated as additional judge of the High Court Division on February 12, 2015.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem