Postal dept. earns Tk 301-crore in 2015-16
SANGSAD BHABAN : State Minister for Post and Telecommunications Begum Tarana Halim today said Bangladesh Postal Department has earned Taka 301 crore as revenue in the fiscal year 2015-16 against the target of Taka 278 crore.
“The earning was Taka 23 crore higher than that of the target,” she said while replying to a tabled starred question from opposition bench member M Shawkat Chowdhury of Nilphamari-4 in the Jatiya Sangsad.
Tarana said informed the House that the department has spent Taka 665.47 crore in the last fiscal year and the deficit was Taka 371.42 crore.
“She expected that the postal department would be able to earn higher revenue against its target during the current financial year as the government introduced new services for overcoming deficit of the department.
Besides, the government has introduced modern technology based value added service instead of the existing old services, which would help the postal department to become a profitable organization soon, Tarana said.
She said the present government has undertaken various initiatives to make the postal department a time-befitting and profitable organization.
The initiatives included post e-center for rural community, automation of postal department activities, construction of information technology based rural post offices, strengthening postal transportation system, introduction of postal cash card, electronic/mobile money order service, post e-commerce service, logistic mail and others.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem