Police arrest woman for forging PM’s signature
DHAKA : Police today arrested a woman for forging Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s signature in a letter “ordering” enrolment of a female student at Sher-e-Bangla Agriculture University.
“We have arrested one woman from the Agriculture University for forging the premier’s signature,” officer in charge of Sher-E-Bangla Nagar Police Station Ganesh Gopal Biswas told BSS.
Officials of the university said the mid-aged woman last month faxed a letter to the university vice chancellor in counterfeit letterhead of the premier forging her signature, seeking enrolment of the student identifying herself as a cook of the Prime Minister’s Ganobhaban residence.
A university spokesman said being suspicious the authorities checked the matter with the Ganobhaban and found the letter counterfeited.
“As she came to the university to pursue the admission of the female student, we called the police,” the official said.
A copy of the letter which was made available to BSS said the female student was a “close relative” of the premier and “ordered” the authorities to enroll her in “special quota”.
The woman gave the identity of the female student as a “close relative” of the prime minister.
The admission test of the university was held in mid December, 2016 and admission and classes for the fresher began last month.
More News »
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem
- Indian classical singing legend Kishori Amonkar passes away at 84