Police arrest woman for forging PM’s signature
DHAKA : Police today arrested a woman for forging Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s signature in a letter “ordering” enrolment of a female student at Sher-e-Bangla Agriculture University.
“We have arrested one woman from the Agriculture University for forging the premier’s signature,” officer in charge of Sher-E-Bangla Nagar Police Station Ganesh Gopal Biswas told BSS.
Officials of the university said the mid-aged woman last month faxed a letter to the university vice chancellor in counterfeit letterhead of the premier forging her signature, seeking enrolment of the student identifying herself as a cook of the Prime Minister’s Ganobhaban residence.
A university spokesman said being suspicious the authorities checked the matter with the Ganobhaban and found the letter counterfeited.
“As she came to the university to pursue the admission of the female student, we called the police,” the official said.
A copy of the letter which was made available to BSS said the female student was a “close relative” of the premier and “ordered” the authorities to enroll her in “special quota”.
The woman gave the identity of the female student as a “close relative” of the prime minister.
The admission test of the university was held in mid December, 2016 and admission and classes for the fresher began last month.
More News »
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?
- How to master the first date
- Madonna applies to adopt 2 kids
- Hollywood set for Oscars picks with no big surprises
- ‘Nayok Raj’ Razzak turns 76
- Skincare routine for grooms
- 5 Upcoming Bollywood Movies
- Sushmita Sen will judge the 65th Miss Universe pageant
- Watch! Shahid-Kangana's steamy romance in 'Yeh Ishq Hai'
- See the Hottest celebrity bikini bodies (Photo Gallery)
- Lock your lips in these many ways