PM seeks another term to finish mega projects
DHAKA : Seeking another term to complete the work of the mega projects, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today expressed her firm resolve to celebrate the golden jubilee of the country’s independence during the tenure of the next Awami League government.
“Bangladesh will celebrate the golden jubilee of its independence in 2021, and the goal before us is that Bangladesh Awami League will celebrate it and build a hunger and poverty free country by staying in power,” she said.
Sheikh Hasina, also the Awami League president, said this in her introductory speech at a meeting of the party’s Central Working Committee held at her official Ganabhaban residence here this afternoon.
The prime minister said the previous Awami League government in 1996-2001 implemented the fifth five-year plan, while the past government after coming to power in 2009 framed the sixth five-year plan.
“Now we’re implementing the seventh five-year plan as well as the long-term perspective plan. We have taken these plans to celebrate the golden jubilee of independence by establishing Bangladesh as a hunger and poverty free country,” she said.
Sheikh Hasina said the 10-year perspective plan will be completed in 2020, the birth centenary year of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujbur Rahman.
“I want that the birth centenary of Bangabanadhu will be celebrated during the tenure of the next Awami League government,” she hoped.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby