PM returns home from India
DHAKA : Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina returned home this evening winding up her four-day official visit to India on an invitation by her counterpart Narendra Modi.
A Biman Bangladesh Airlines VVIP flight carried the premier back home along with her entourage members landing at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka at 6.50 pm.
Information Minister Hasanul Haque Inu, PM’s Adviser on Political Affairs HT Imam and Awami League Presidium Member Muhammad Faruk Khan, among others, were present at the airport to welcome the premier.
Later, leaders of Bangladesh Awami League and its associate bodies led by Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader greeted Sheikh Hasina by presenting flower bouquets at her official Ganabhaban residence when she reached there from the airport.
In New Delhi, Indian State Minister for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Babul Supriyo saw the premier off at Indian Air Force’s Palam Station as her aircraft took off at 4.45 pm local time.
Bangladesh High Commissioner in New Delhi Syed Moazzem Ali and Indian High Commissioner in Dhaka Harsh Vardhan Shringla were present during her departure.
During the visit, the prime minister held official talks with Modi and called on Indian President Pranab Mukherjee and Vice-President Hamid Ansari.
All India National Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Indian External Affairs Minister Sushama Swaraj and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Mukherjee called on her.
Dhaka and New Delhi signed 34 instruments in the forms of agreements, MoUs and bilateral documents after the two premiers’ talks at the ball room of the Hyderabad House.
Sheikh Hasina paid homage to Mahatma Gandhi, the preeminent leader of the Indian independence movement in British-ruled India, by placing a wreath at his Samadhi in Rajghat.
The two prime ministers unveiled the Hindi edition of Bangabandhu’s autobiography “Unfinished Memoirs of Bangabandhu”.
Sheikh Hasina honoured Indian Armed Forces members who embraced martyrdom in Bangladesh’s 1971 Liberation War.
She visited Ajmer Sharif at Rajasthan and offered ziarat of the mazar (shrine) of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti (RA).
The premier attended a banquet hosted in her honour by the Indian president. She also joined another banquet hosted by her Indian counterpart for her.
At the fag-end of her tour, Sheikh Hasina joined a reception accorded by India Foundation and attended a business event in New Delhi.
It was Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s maiden official visit to India after her present government was voted to power through the January 5 elections in 2014.
The premier last paid her official visit to India in January 2010 which was reciprocated by her Indian counterpart in June 2015.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem