PM reaches Munich
MUNICH, Germany : Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina arrived here this morning on a three-day official visit to Germany to attend the 53rd Munich Security Conference (MSC).
During the visit, the Bangladesh premier will also hold bilateral talks with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
An Etihad Airways flight (EY 253) carrying the premier and her entourage members landed at Munich International Airport at 6 am.
Bangladesh Ambassador to Germany Imtiaz Ahmed received the prime
minister at the airport.
On her way to Munich, Sheikh Hasina made a one hour stopover at Abu Dhabi International Airport in the UAE.
After the reception at the Munich International Airport, the prime minister in a ceremonial motorcade was taken to Munich Marriott Hotel at Berliner Strasse, where she will be staying during the visit.
Munich Security Conference (MSC), an annual conference on international security policy, kicks off this afternoon at Hotel Bayerischer Hof in the southern German city of Munich, which is also the capital and largest city of the German state of Bavaria.
Sheikh Hasina will attend the opening ceremony of the Munich Security Conference. In the evening, she will join a reception to be hosted by Mayor of Munich in honour of the guests of the conference.
The prime minister will hold a bilateral meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Saturday and will also take part in a panel discussion on ‘Climate Security: Good COP, Bad COPs”.
In the evening, she will leave Munich for Dhaka and is expected to reach Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at 8 pm on Sunday after making over a six-hour stopover in Abu Dhabi.
Twenty heads of states and government will join the Munich Conference which is being considered as the ‘Best Think Tank Conference’ in the present discourses on world security, Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali told a media briefing in Dhaka on Wednesday.
Munich Security Conference started its journey in 1963. Over the past five decades, the Munich Security Conference (MSC) has become the major global forum for the discussion of security policy.
Each February, it brings together senior decision makers from around the world, including heads of state and government, ministers, leading personalities of international and non-governmental organizations, as well as high ranking representatives of industry, media, academia, and civil society, to engage in an intensive debate on current and future security challenges.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem