PM joins Munich Security Conference
MUNICH : Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today joined the three-day Munich Security Conference, world’s most important independent forum for exchanging views by international security and policy decision makers on international security challenges, that began at Bayerischer Hof hotel here.
Some 500 decision-makers from across the globe, including more than 25 heads of state and government, 47 foreign ministers, 30 defense ministers, UN Secretary General and 90 parliamentarians are taking part in the conference.
This year, relations between the US and Europe, and among European states, Trump, Brexit, EU and NATO crises remain at the center of discussions, officials said.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, who arrived here this morning at the invitation of the German Chancellor Angela Merkel to attend the conference, joined the inaugural ceremony of the convention.
Chairman of the conference Ambassador Wolfgang Ischinger formally opened the conference followed by opening statements of German and US defense ministers- Ursula von der Leyen and James N. Mattis.
German Chancellor, US Vice President, UN Secretary-General, presidents of Poland and Afghanistan, Prime Minister of Norway and foreign ministers of Russia, China, UK, Saudi Arabia and Iran attended the opening session.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will take part in a high level discussion tomorrow and deliver speech highlighting security issues like climate change, water, food and migration, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA).
In the evening, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina along with participating leaders would attend a reception to be hosted by the mayor of Munich City in honour of the conference guests.
The prime minister is also scheduled to hold a bilateral meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel tomorrow, when both leaders would discuss various issues relating to mutual and multilateral interests.
On the sidelines of the conference, hundreds of bilateral diplomatic meetings as well as side events by renowned international institutions and organizations are set to take place.
More News »
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem
- Indian classical singing legend Kishori Amonkar passes away at 84